these turkey burgers are so good that my big brother Nini doesn't even complain that there is no beef. i can't possibly fit them in my mouth but i sure have fun trying. i know you are going to love these burgers too! oh, and the over fried potato wedges are just as tasty specially when you eat them with the secret dipping sauce.
3 large baking potatoes
1 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 package ground turkey breast (1-1.25 lbs)
1/3 cup diced sweet vidalia or red onion (small dice)
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
4 slices chihuahua cheese
4 hamburger buns
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chipotles in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, red onions and avocado for garnish
1. preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit
2. prep the potatoes - cut the potatoes in half and then into wedges about 1/4 inch wide on the bottom. each potato should yield about 10-12 wedges
3. put the wedges on a foiled lined baking sheet and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, olive oil and paprika
4. arrange the seasoned potatoes on the baking sheet in one layer standing as many wedges as possible upright. bake until the wedges are golden brown and fork tender about 45-50 minutes.
5. make the burgers - season the ground turkey with 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and poultry seasoning. add the diced onions to turkey and work them into the meat to incorporate.
6. divide the turkey mixture into 4 equal portions. take each portion and form into a ball. flatten each into a patty. brush both sides of the patties with olive oil.
7. grill the patties about 2 minutes on each side. remove from the grill and top each patty with a slice of cheese. cover the burgers with a dome lid if you like to speed up the melting process.
8. make the secret sauce - whisk together the mayo, chipotles, 1/4 teaspoons salt, black pepper, and lemon juice.
9. toast the buns on the grill and assemble the burgers. this is how we usually build ours from the bottom up - bun, layer of secret sauce, patty, tomato, red onion, avocado slices, lettuce, some more secret sauce, bun. a side of potato wedges with some more secret sauce for dipping! YUM!
Yield: 4 burgers
image and recipe © diaper style memoirs. all rights reserved.