"simply the yummiest breakfast you can possibly have!" - Nini
4 extra large eggs
6 oz mexican-style fresh pork chorizo
1 tablespoon milk
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup shredded chihuahua cheese
6 soft tortillas
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
mexican taco sauce and hot sauce of your choice
sour cream, sliced avocado, tomatoes, red onion and cilantro to garnish
1. brown the chorizo in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. break it up into small pieces with your wooden spoon as it browns.
2. whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a separate bowl until the mixture is well combined.
3. add the egg mixture to the chorizo and continue to cook the eggs and chorizo over medium heat until the eggs are cooked, mixing often as if you would scrambled eggs.
4. when the eggs are finished cooking, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the cheese over the eggs. cover the pan with alluminum foil or a domed lid and allow the eggs to rest until the cheese melts.
5. prepare the tortillas by heating 1/2 teaspoon of oil in small non-stick skillet over medium heat. when the pan is hot, place a tortilla in the pan and fry until it puffs up in the middle. flip the tortilla over and fry on the other side to heat through. repeat with the rest of the tortillas. place the fried tortillas in a tortilla warmer to keep warm or in a kitchen towel.
6. assemble the tacos as you like. i recommend putting a heaping tablespoon or two of egg mixture on top of the tortilla. topping the eggs with hot sauce and/or taco sauce, fresh cilantro, and a mixture of sliced veggies such as tomatoes, avocados and red onions. a dollop of sour cream to completes the taco. just roll it up and enjoy!
Yield: 6 tacos
recipe © diaper style memoirs